Monday, June 27, 2011

Corn Slaw

 I saw Rachel Ray make a similar recipe and I thought this would make fantasy husband happy.   He grew up in a family that loves mayo based salads, but I don't really like them.  So I took her recipe and made it my own.  Remember you can take out any ingredient you don't like and make it your own. Enjoy!






Ingredients
Corn(I use 1 ear per person, add extra if you want leftovers)
1 large sweet onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
Half a pint of grape tomatoes
1 tablespoon Olive Oil

First I boil the ears of corn in water for about 10 minutes, I normally pull them when it starts to smell yummy.  When they are done I pour out the hot water and pour in cold water.
While the corn is boiling I add the oil and the chopped up onions to a saute pan, saute on medium heat.  When the onions get translucent I add the chopped green peppers.  Cook them till the peppers get soft.  While the corn and onions are cooking we cut the tomatoes in half(this is L the preschooler's job, she loves cutting them with a small plastic knife).
After the corn is touchable put the bottom of the corn in a bowl and cut down the sides so you have corn kernels.  They will probably come off in big chunks.  Add everything into a big bowl, mix(try to break up any big chunks of corn) and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment