Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meal Plan for the Week(6/12/11 thru 6/6/18/11)


One of my biggest tips for saving money is to make a meal plan for the week so you don’t buy extra food.   In the summer I also recommend checking the weather since I wouldn’t want to roast a chicken in 90 degree heat.
My Meal Plan
Breakfast --- Cereals(from the stockpile), Eggs(bought 2 weeks ago at Weis), and English Muffins
Lunch --- Hot Dogs, leftovers, and various stockpile items
Snacks --- Peaches(bought last week at Giant), Bananas, Yogurt(bought last week at Giant), Blueberries and Strawberries
Dinner
Sunday --- Dinner with my Mom
Monday --- Roasted Chicken Thighs with roasted veggies
Tuesday --- Sheppard’s Pie(potatoes and peas from the stock pile)
Wednesday --- Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries and Asparagus Soup(soup from the stockpile)
Thursday --- Kielbasa with peppers and onions over pasta
Friday --- Father’s Day Dinner Out Restaurant.com Gift Certificate(Fantasy Husband’s favorite steak place I’m not including this in our $60 a week)
Saturday --- Shrimp(if I can afford it, chicken thighs if I can’t) over Rice Pilaf with peppers and onions(Rice and Onions from the stockpile)

No comments:

Post a Comment